The Plan is now at the Examination stage.
Following Breckland’s public consultation (16 July – 9 September) the Plan, its accompanying documents and all the comments received during the consultation have been collated and submitted to an independent Examiner appointed by Breckland.
The Plan sets out a vision for the future of the Parish area and planning policies that will be used to determine planning applications locally.
The Plan and its accompanying documents remain available to view (see below) and the key documents are also on the Breckland Council website.
Anyone with no internet access may read a printed copy at the Council offices as above.
Background reading about New Buckenham
The Plan and its Consultation Statement provide links to all other documents in this submission, some of which may be accessed from these quick links:
- Village Survey of Residents results (stats and charts)
- Village Survey of Residents results (free text answers)
- Residents’ Wildlife Survey results
- Breckland Housing Needs Survey 2015
- Village Appraisal 1998
- Parish Council Neighbourhood Plan Application Statement 31.12.2016
- Parish Council Neighbourhood Plan Area application statement 31.12.2016
- Neighbourhood Plan Area: application Map
- Old Buckenham Parish Council signed minutes
- Neighbourhood Plan Area: Designation Decision Notice
- Breckland Local Plan 2019
The Parish Council’s Neighbourhood Plan
What is it?
The Plan will guide our Parish Council and Breckland District Council as to what we want for our village over the next 20 years.
What will be in the Plan?
A whole range of issues such as traffic, wildlife, housing, village activities, heritage, recreation and tourism.
Will anybody take any notice of it?
Yes, because the Plan will become a legal document under the Localism Act (2011) and must be used as a guide if any changes are to be made in the village.
The Plan is out for consultation so can I still be involved?
Yes! The Plan is important to our village. Comments from residents and other interested persons are welcomed, so please do read the Plan and send your comments to Breckland using the blue box above.
Have a look at our Facebook page as well.
New Buckenham’s neighbourhood planning working party.